Tuesday, January 6, 2009

America Anonymous.

Last night I went to a panel discussion about a book that my friend Brian is doing publicity for, America Anonymous by Benoit Denizet-Lewis.  In case you don't know him, some of you may remember feeling inadequate after reading his article about gay marriage in Massachussets in the NYTimes Magazine.  Anyway, the book is a good and interesting read and if you need a bit of a sneak preview, there's a piece that Benoit wrote for the Times last week about his sex addiction.

"I never kept my addiction secret from guys I had relationships with, and I was surprised by how little it seemed to faze them. When I told one boyfriend, he said, “Oh, aren’t all guys sort of addicted to sex?” It was only when I cheated on them for the third time, or slipped out of bed while they were sleeping to have phone sex with a stranger in the kitchen, that the seriousness of my addiction sunk in for them."

1 comment:

Peter said...

This guy used to write for XY magazine too.

Post a Comment