Wednesday, October 22, 2008

READ: It's in the bag.. Or is it?



You'd think I can finally sleep well at night, given Obama's expanding lead.  Alas, no such luck.   My worries are twofold:  even if nothing changes between now and November 4th, and even if the poll numbers are correct, I hope that people do not get too confident or lazy and still get out to vote.  I would, if I could, even in New York.  

My more serious fear, however, is that anything can happen in 13 days and the closer we get to election day the less time Obama would have to contain the fallout from new information.  What new information am I so worried about?  Days before the '04 election, a new Bin Laden tape came out and I am sure that it tipped a few people over the edge towards Bush.. Yes, times are different today but one never knows how people would react to something like that, especially the marginal voter.  This article does a much better job exploring both the '04 tape and the possibility of another one.

Call me paranoid, but like Ezra Klein, I think it's good to be prepared for the alternative and I hope that somewhere someone in the campaign is ready for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment