Tuesday, October 21, 2008

READ: Just Because You're Paranoid, Doesn't Mean They're Not After You


Local newspapers can be fun to read just to get a sense of how much sheer crazy there is out there. Here's an example:

Obama couldn't get security clearance

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

About 40 years ago when I was a young man in the U.S. Navy, my job required a secret security clearance. Even though I had already been in the Navy for 10 years, I still had to undergo the clearance process of completing a form telling everything I could remember about my life and family.

My entire life back to my birth was scrutinized by the FBI. Family members called to say they were questioned about me. Some of my friends told me the same. Months later I was granted the security clearance.

In a few weeks we'll be electing the next U.S. president. This person will have access to all our nation's top secrets.

Back when I got my clearance, current presidential nominee Barack Hussein Obama couldn't have gotten his. And if he had been granted clearance before his associations were known, it would have been revoked. Any connection with a terrorist, communist or racist would have disqualified him. Such associations would have adversely impacted his entire career, if he still had a career in the Navy.

It's unbelievable to me that a person like that would even be considered for president. How can we trust him? Where is J. Edgar Hoover when we need him?

The other major party presidential candidate has proven that he would give his life for his country. He has faced death on at least three occasions and survived. He will make sure to the best of his ability that our nation will also survive. He loves America.

My vote goes to a man we know we can trust: U.S. Sen. John SidneyMcCain. I pray that yours will too.

Ralph F. Cauble, Martinez

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment